Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Botox-ed and the Script-writer

October is just beggining, so, like every first weeks of the past months, I promised myself that this month will be fabulous! ( you should read Fabulous with a Bang!) As in, I want it to be bang! bang! fab!

Everything was starting great. My spirits were high, I was inspired all the time, motivated even, then suddenly my PC screen popped up a message: " 1 mail received". I got a bad review! So bad I want to just go home, take a shower and temporarily die, because the effort I have put into my work got this low, degrading review. hay...





Anyhow, I'm sure that you have heard of the Desperate Housewives' one little episode that crashed the whole show, all the successful seasons it ran, and specially the Botox-ed zombie-looking Teri Hatcher. No offense to the show, which I found intelligent and witty, as well as funny, but I never liked the actress that plays Susan. Even if she didn't say the line implying that med schools in the Philippines is a big blah, I will always dislike her. Maybe, one of the reasons why I act this way is because I used to crush on Superman, and Teri was my nemesis. ( Lois and Clark series, circa 1990's, ABC5).

But, haven't you thought that the person/s who should get all the grudge of the Pinoys are the writers of the show? Teri Hatcher, although Botox-ed and zombie-like was just reading the script.



Think about this, my fellow Pinoys: eventually, she'll die looking like that, but think. She was just reading the script..







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly. we don't need to blame the characters in the series. dapat all the blame is vested on the scriptwriter and the editor himself.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of giving out my opinion. But I still think that agreeing to "read" that BASELESS, RACIST line just like that is simply irresponsible. It was an attack to Filipinos in general. Well, anyhow, they promised to remove that part and gave out a cold apology. But I'm still disappointed... greatly disappointed!

travelphilippines said...

Love DH for life.

The Patients Advantage said...

Great blog! Thanks. I recently had Botox and by accident I stumbled upon www.thepatientsadvantage.com. I used them when looking for a provider.

What I liked the most was that my profile remained anynomyous until I was ready to decide what to do. I received replies from four surgeons that met all the things I was looking for. I liked having that complete control without the sales pressure that some of these places can be known for.

If you are going to go down the cosmetic surgery road...better to be safe than sorry. Check them out.

Anonymous said...

zombie.. haha.. it's a fitting caption for that pic