Saturday, October 13, 2007

grow old..and alone...

I just had a pact with myself.

I have to be successful, really successful in something really noble, so that if ever I grow old and alone, I have an excuse to whom ever will ask me why I am old and alone.

I'll say that I'm married to my profession.

Here are some ideas I have in mind:

1. I want to be a Philippine Ambassador to any country where there are many Filipina nannies jumping off from high-rises.

2. I want to own a bookstore where I can sell my novels.

3. I want to be a part of a non-governmental organization that assist gay people with anything they need assisting.

4. I want to be the first gay journalist to cover any war U.S. would initiate.

5. I want to be an Editor-in-Chief of any major publication.

6. I want to be a lawyer. ( At 22, it is never late yet to take the course.)

7. I want to own a bookstore where I can sell my novels,and at the bookstore, I want to have a small, cosy cafe where intellectuals can discuss/debate the book I just wrote.

These are just some of the ideas I have.

**But, thinking of these thoughts made me rethink. Maybe, it is better that after a very long day, I'll have someone asking me: So, how's your day, baby?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, how's your day...?

philippe said...

haha! roma: do you ever sleep? well, i not feeling ok. i'm zoned out. i have my wisdom tooth hurting me..

Anonymous said...

i think it is better is you are to be one of the ideas that you have, and also get to have someone asking you that 'question; at the end of the day, para mas masaya...

thank you for postin this thing, it made me realized that i need to asses myself in so0o many ways.. =)

Anonymous said...

sure thing u can. ano ka ba philippe. we're friends for almost 5 yrs? Ghad, sa talino mong yan, i doubt kung kahit isa man jan ndi mo ma achieve. ure so lucky kxe u have a broader knowledge on anythang. kahit waing review, go high grades ang emote. hehehe..

tingnan mo naman, naalala mo when we're taking french class? sabi mo u did not review but voila! u passed! ;) that's how intelligent u are kaya i salute u for that.

and im lucky of having a friend like u. ure one of kind philip. loveyah.

Anonymous said...

please paki-add sa list:

I should stop breaking other people's heart...

='(

Anonymous said...

That's very noble, Philippe, and I'm seriously hoping you'll get what u want in life. I have big ambitions, too. So let's hope we'll see each other sitting on your cafe's couch discussing anything under the sun with the others.

And, anyway, I'm still studying. But its actually a CCS course, not CBA. Why?

Lyka Bergen said...

Gosh! Your #1 choice will make you look more old! Bad impression for you as an Ambassador. Bakit daming suicidal chu-chu? Dahil wiz tulong natatangap sa Embassy? Kaya mo yun?

Ill go for #4... ala Anderson Cooper ang datetch!

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

we share the same sentiments philippe, when i grow old and alone, i want other people to see me as the most successful person who sacrificed his personal happiness for the sake of progress, of his profession, and his loved ones.

and i'm starting it today. hehehe. just kidding. maybe not.

and oh, lyka, i love anderson cooper too. he just looks so sexy with that buff body and white hair and periwinkle eyes. haaaaay. =) drool....