Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hello..

Saturday, around 4 AM:

Induced by one miraculous sleeping pill, my deep slumber was disturbed by Rihanna's Umbrella. I thought that I was just dreaming, but Rihanna was singing from my cellphone. Good thing was that my battery was fully charged at that time. So, of course, realizing that the phone was actually ringing, I answered it.

Philippe: Hello? ( a phlegmatic noise gurgling from the effects of the pill)
Caller: Hello!
Philippe: Hello... ( this time, I was sure of who the caller was)
Caller: Hi!
Philippe: hanged-up, grabbed a can of San Miguel Pale Pilsen, a pack of Marlboro Menthols and went to commit a suicide.

The caller was the Ex, and I didn't die. Well, I thought I did for a while, but no, I have too many drama episodes to commit into.

Sunday morning:

I was dealing with a pretty mad stomach. I have a steel-designed stomach, so I wasn't sure of why my stomach was hurting me.

Cellphone rings. A text message: "Philip, hearing your hellos was exciting though abrupt. It seemed technology failed my own hellos to echo. Would it be alright if I make another attempt?"

I thought, second attempt for what? Another hello that would lead to my suicidal nature? A second hello that might lead for his another 'raining on my life'?

Or maybe, another hello to tell me that he wants his things back? This time for good?

I have no way of knowing, because no hello came from me this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but, philippe, come to think of it, maybe you should have answered the call. you'll never get the silence you deserve, next time answer the phone and call me afterwards, me always here to comfort you. we love you!Ü

Anonymous said...

hahaa... i know this scene.

and yes guys, he didn't die. he almost did. teehee ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember it well - hilarious! But, after knowing how you felt, I understood. Silly butt! I hope you don't mind me leaving comments on your blogs. I seriously looked around the webpage for a link to your Terms & Conditions, fearing it might state in bold characters: "Comments Authored by Atlas is Fatally Prohibited! Sanctions include but not limited to testicular combustion, forceful consumption of rotten balut, 24 hour imprisonment inside Joan Rivers' vaageenuh, and all other nasty and mentally degenerating punishments." I didn't see one. Well, this is an open network anyway.