Monday, December 10, 2007

My Kuya Jock's Emancipation

It is not everyday that you get somebody whispering to you that he is gay. That does not usually happen while you are inhaling 'chicken lugaw with fresh eggs' and 'tapsilog'. Those moments are to cherish. A moment to celebrate the divorce of that somebody from 31 years of 'captivity'.

'I think I'm gay...'

My reaction to the speaker was to spill some lugaw into the thin air and feel some fill my nostrils.

Laughter.

'Don't laugh at me, gago, seryoso ako.'

Okay, I get it. Homosexuality has something to do with genes. It's not the outcome of a sad childhood or the buns that Imelda Marcos has fed the children of Philippine public schools in the 1970's. It has something to do with genes, and it flows in the blood and is transferred from one generation to another.

There will be a time that my lastname will be semi-extinct. And I am proud if that will happen because half of the population that carries this lastname has admitted that they are gay and that they do not have to marry to have children and follow what they refer to as the normal way of life.

I am proud. 31 years of pretending to be something else, and now you are free. Welcome to the family, kuya!

Remember:

1. You are good looking and that many gays out there will be out hunting you. You are to have a very colorful and lovely love life.

2. Of course, since you are good looking, and that many gays out there are about to hunt you, sex will be great. You just have to keep in mind that gays are just like the women you used to date, they need respect, special attention and safe sex. Also, you have to have the same treatment.

3. You now have a license to wear skinny jeans, but you have to buy yourself some because I will not loan you mine.

4. Being gay is fun! You can sing Anita Baker songs while in the shower.

5. You also have the right to carry those beautiful man-purses. Again, I am not to loan mine.

6. You also have the access to the best concealers, toners, moisturizers, foundations, exfoliants,etc. I will spare you some of my precious time and we can go shopping.

7. You can check the shirts at Topshop and Folded and Hung as starters.

8. You get to party with real fun people.

9. We can watch 'A walk in the Clouds', 'My Bestfriend's Wedding', etc. with the audio blasting on a Sunday night in exchange to those boring PBA/NBA games.

10. Lastly, we can listen to Regine without any guilt.

There are so many things to do and to enjoy. I am very happy for you. And now, I can sleep.






4 comments:

Leyn ♥ said...

i love your kuya na. go.. OUT!

taenang pic yan.

i miss our getaway.

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

whoa! that's a huge revelation philippe! :-)

i'm just hoping that your *kuya will have a wonderful life ahead of him, all filled, of course, with glittery dreams, fabulous realities, and rainbow-y surprises...

oh gawd, even my comment sounds overly gay. ayayay! :-)

Anonymous said...

nice!! i find all your points correct! :)

philippe said...

@ leyn: he loves you too! Girl, I miss you!

@ ruff: yeah, that was something really huge! my mouth just went dry.

go glittery everything! =)

@ angel: thanks! at madami pang puntos to ponder...hehe