Thursday, November 8, 2007

philippe, Male, 22, In a Relationship

I took a risk, but the risk is worth the consequence the future might bring.

I met up with my ex for some coffee, it was supposed to be a friendly reunion, because it has been two years since the last time we met. I was a nervous wreck. You see, I was scared. But the moment I set my foot inside Starbucks and laid eyes on him, I knew that I wanted him back. I just didn't know yet how to.

He gave me a hug when he saw me, stories he kept for two years were told and retold. We chained-smoked, laughed, reminisced the days we shared in college, revealed some of the reasons why he came back in the country, shared our love for jazz and Anita Baker. We talked about how old we are feeling lately, because after two years, there were a lot of changes.

It was a sweet and perfect conversation between two close friends basking on a reunion. But, somehow, I know that there will be no way for me to let myself be just another close friend. But then again, at that point, I was just another close friend.

After a while, he asked me: 'So, how are you feeling?'. Heart thumping and grinding, I said: 'So far, I'm feeling good.' That opened the chance to tell him how scared I was on meeting him again, how ironically, for two years I have been thinking about this meeting, anticipating and dreading it at the same time. He said that he feels that same way. He feels the same way.

Have you heard that old song with a message that a 'kiss is still a kiss'? It was an old song. A love song. That was the song that best describes that night. A kiss. After two long years, all it takes to rekindle everything is a kiss. All the bitterness, the rage, the secret anxieties, the hatred were forgotten by a single, long, warm, knee-trembling, heart-racing kiss.

At sa wakas, I am really glad to change something on my Friendster account.

philippe, Male, 22, In a Relationship

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

o ghad! is this a good news? hehehe.. kiddin. but i mean hello? after 2 yrs? just thank the kiss for proving your bitterness wrong. Im so happy for you philippe.

Give my regards to A and A. Ghad I missed both of them. Sobra.

Where are your pictures?

Diyed said...

waaahahahh!!! tangina mo!! ako unang kokomento sau!! CONGRATZ FILIPA!! see i told ye'' follow your heart! tae ka!!! malditang bakla!!! MAY JOWA kana ulit!!! Apir!! ^_^ I;m sooo happy for you! ^_^

Leyn ♥ said...

see... i told you...

i was right.

i'm always right.

haha!

Anonymous said...

omigod!!! he had you at "hello"!!! so happy for you gurl! :O)

Anonymous said...

Philippe, I'm happy for both of you. I miss you (plural) already. So, how's life going?

Anonymous said...

awww...

someone is...

finally..

again...

in love...

i wish you well, loverboy.

lucky guy that one you love.

cheers!

Anonymous said...

=D haba hair moment ito

Anonymous said...

ano ung cnsbe nila na inlove ka..ulet?e u've always been in love naman dba!!!haha seriously,watever ur decision is...i'll give you my support more than a hundred basta hanggang kung san kaya ko!!oh god!!!madedepress na naman ba ako at iniwan mo nanaman ako!!hahaha i love you philip and whatever makes you happy...(naiiyak ba ako?!!)dito lng ako i promise!nafeel mo naman yun dba? hi to him next meeting nyo!hugs and kisses!!!