Friday, August 10, 2007

Maybelline, Rihanna and Mac

A week ago, I had a long vacation from work. I spent those days in Bataan where my mom lives. It was a Saturday, a common rest day for the whole family, so everyone was there. We were having the 'Ugly Betty' DVD marathon when mom suddenly butted in. Mom said: 'ang kinis ng mukha mo, anong foundation yan?'. I died right there..I just died.

You see, I could have just easily replied that I have a new Maybelline Smooth Clear Foundation No.12, and that it is water based so it is good for my oily skin and that I have used my credit card to purchase it because I'm always broke. But, no, I didn't. I so love her and all, but I find it really uncomfortable sharing these things with my mom. So, slowly an imaginary space created itself around me, cushioning me away from more mommy interrogations. So, after Betty somehow dumped the cute accountant of their office, I drifted away.

Anyhow, while that imaginary space was being built to completion, I was happily and greedily finding my way with my sister's new Mac notebook. I was born a PC person, so just imagine the pain I got from using these deliciously designed, glossy, flashy, godly Macs. I always thought that Macs are for gay people. Both are beautifully complicated. Both are unintentionally designed that way.

So there I was fondling that thing when I found these images:





It's Rihanna. Beautifully complicated. The first time I saw her pictures, I thought..is she gay? Well, anyhow, she is beautiful. I think I might have a gay crush on her.




This one is from her video "Umbrella". A song that is just plainly addicting.


If there is really a reincarnation, next lifetime, I want to be just like her.



P.S. What the hell is going on with blogger.com's font options? I can't even read my own post! Hala! bug..? bugger...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder if a livejournal blog can be linked to one that is blogspot? ayiieee! parang globe at smart! haha! nice entry you have here. i like rihanna too..she be the next beyonce. embraceÜ

Anonymous said...

at..at..at...kaya pala you are flawless lately ha! hmmm..maybelline pala ang katapat mo! hehe..peace!

Anonymous said...

Somehow these 3 things reminded me of something. Well, anyway, is Rihanna really gay? HaHa. Natawa ako dun ha.

rhonzkie said...

haha.. gay. gay. gay!!! well, u just said that u have already bought a maybelline foundation.. hmm.. still, i will give you the one i have which i have never really used! okay i have used it twice! ahaha.. but u've been singing praises so that i give you that anyways..

philippe said...

roma: yeah rihanna can be the next beyonce.

reyville: hehehe..no rihanna is no gay.Ü sa unang tingin lang.Ü eyelove her!

rhonzkie: yeah..gimme that maybelline! that's the only thing that suits me.Ü

Anonymous said...

maybe, you should open up ore to your mom..para walang I just died right there na drama.hehe.

Anonymous said...

well, as far as i know, she isn't a gay. she looks like one. And I don't know why the hell did u feature her..(char!bitter?!)

I watched her in the latest bring it on movie and oh boy....*sigh* no comment.

u shudve only featured the maybelline lipstick though.

Hehehe. hugs ipe!

philippe said...

alfred: i will try my best.Ü

jackie jakukay: really? i still love her though..ella..ella...hehe

Anonymous said...

Thank u :) you should look at that emo boy hair at this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info